Thursday, September 20, 2012

Water Bin Play

An hour of fun on a rainy day!  It started off as a way to keep my 1 year old happily and *quietly* playing while my 4 year old had his afternoon nap.


A bin from the Dollar tree with kitchen items like: funnels, spatulas, measuring cups, a few beach toys, and an empty vitamin bottle.  I spread towels out on the kitchen floor.

Then my 4 year old woke up and joined in on the fun.  It got bigger.  We added more things like ice cube trays and some of our plastic "counting bears".  C transferred the bears with some kitchen tongs from the water bin to the ice cube trays.  I noticed he was sorting them by color.  We poured water back and forth from measuring cups and even added a few ice cubes and bubbles from Johnson's baby bubble bath.






I encouraged them to keep it contained (no splashing or pouring water outside of the towel area).  It was a fun and different way for them to play.  It was so easy to clean up too, it's just water!  Pick it up and throw the towels in the wash and change their clothes.  Worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment